Re: Field welding

> From: "dave lowen" <jatech(--nospam--at)kwic.com>
> To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
> Subject: RE: Field welding
>
> Thanks to Bill, David, Nels and Scott.
>
> My first take on the note was that the writer was unfamiliar with field
> welding procedures and also had difficulty sleeping at night.
> I will discuss the issue with the EOR.

I was prepared to go another step beyond that;
The writer's mother language was probably not english AND they appear to
only have a moderate understanding of the codes they are applying.
Individually, neither is a major concern. Combined, the engineer may
sleep at night but may discredit the profession.

Depending on the nature/size of the project my full response would be
from mild amusement (some hand-holding and developmental guidance
required during the project - increase price moderately) to "back-off"
(probable difficulties of clarifying intent throughout the project).

Regards
Paul

--
R. Paul Ransom, P. Eng.