Re: OPEN STAAD

Szuchuan Chang wrote:

Where can I find the classes and methods to use openSTAAD? I would like to write macro to mesh hundreds of plate elements. The graphics method is so slow and error pron.

It's been a long time since I've fooled with STAAD, but it seems to me that the "OpenSTAAD" thing was kind of an abortion. It was never very well documented, and when first released it was no better than a "beta" grade attempt. As far as I know there was never any attempt to clean it up further.

About that time, REI discovered the supreme joy of Windows, and I guess they figured that a graphical interface was better than anything else they could put their money on--so that's where it stood.

If the wonderful world of STAAD has passed me by, and OpenSTAAD is now "where it's at," I apologize, but I otherwise I would suggest that you do your mesh-building, etc., OUTSIDE of STAAD with some sort of preprocessor routines. In fact, there are a lot of very fancy meshing routines that already exist as open-source projects.

If I were you, I'd start there.