Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
OT: PORK to the nth degree !![Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc, seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: OT: PORK to the nth degree !!
- From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 22:44:14 EDT
I just read an item in yesterday's NYTimes that may shock Bill as much as it did me:
"The emergency (federal) spending plan (for Katrina recovery) ... raised the risk of fraud by increasing the spending limit on about 250,000 credit cards issues to government workers from $15,000 to $250,000." [9/9/05, first page, Cost of Storm Recovery Surges, as Do Bids to Joint in Effort]
If my math is correct that's $62,500,000,000 in credit card capacity. No chance anyone will steal from that pot of gold, is there?
Or maybe it's a misprint.
Ralph Hueston Kratz
724 McLaughlin Street
Richmond CA 94805-1402 USA
- Prev by Subject: OT: Freeware Recommendations
- Next by Subject: RE: OT: Can Americans Compete
- Previous by thread: RE: Flex-C Trac
- Next by thread: ITEM: The federal response to Katrina was not as portrayed