OT: PORK to the nth degree !!

I just read an item in yesterday's NYTimes that may shock Bill as much as it did me:

"The emergency (federal) spending plan (for Katrina recovery) ... raised the risk of fraud by increasing the spending limit on about 250,000 credit cards issues to government workers from $15,000 to $250,000."  [9/9/05, first page, Cost of Storm Recovery Surges, as Do Bids to Joint in Effort]

If my math is correct that's $62,500,000,000 in credit card capacity.  No chance anyone will steal from that pot of gold, is there?

Or maybe it's a misprint.

Ralph

Ralph
Ralph Hueston Kratz