Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
ON IRAQ[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Struct EngAssoc" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: ON IRAQ
- From: "ASC" <ggg(--nospam--at)bigpond.net.au>
- Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:20:05 +1000
A couple of honest, emotionally uninvolved observations
from an overseas-based observer.
1. My impression was, contrary to most people,
that Bush went to Iraq mostly because he wanted
to beat a hell out of somebody.
Afghanistan? Well, that was a dust bowl, besides,
someone else did the beating.
(No other reason proved true since.)
2. He did a terribly stupid thing and put himself
in a hopeless position by letting loose the police and
the army in Iraq. You do not just disband the system,
because you get chaos and the disbanded organize
and attack you.
3. Sorry, there is no way out. The MidEast will implode.
Not soon anyway.
4. There is no medicine for stupidity.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Old Glulam Arches...
- Next by Subject: OPEN STAAD
- Previous by thread: Re: Basement Walls - A/B/C Slot Cuts
- Next by thread: Bracing Requirements