Re: OPEN STAAD

The advantage of OPENSTAAD lies in its use for sorting
the results, not so much in pre-processor
capabilities. In a large structure with several
degrees of freedom, supports and so on, I like to
organise the results in a selective manner to enable
its further manipulation in an EXCEL spreadsheet. For
example, I have return OPENSTAAD macros to print
support reactions, displacements and members forces at
selected nodes. For example, I dovetail the member
forces output in to a spreadsheet for design of
connections. Likewise I have meshed the support
reactions in to a spreadsheet that I use for designing
base plate/anchor bolts.

Rajendran

http://adela.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~dolejsi/angen/angen.htm

http://www-rocq1.inria.fr/gamma/cdrom/www/bamg/eng.htm