Re: OPEN STAAD

Padmanabhan Rajendran wrote:

The advantage of OPENSTAAD lies in its use for sorting
the results, not so much in pre-processor
capabilities. In a large structure with several
degrees of freedom, supports and so on, I like to
organise the results in a selective manner to enable
its further manipulation in an EXCEL spreadsheet.

Yes, this makes sense to me (though in my past life I wrote post-processing macros in e.g. REXX or Perl to selectively go through the STAAD output and reformat the data for incorporation in an Excel sheet).

My opinion is that macro capability such as in OpenSTAAD is more useful for writing routines where you actually need to processing power of the program to give you the data you're seeking, though.