Re: Bill Polhemus

MH:

Maybe "most other participants here" would agree with
you, but not all.  Not me.

I'm not sure who started the slamming, maybe it was
Bill, I didn't pay attention I guess.  But do you
really assign him to clowndom?  Anyone else have clown
status?

I tire of this thread as well, because it reeks of
politics.  But isn't there at least an axillary
engineering component?  Isn't it important for us to
witness how civil and governmental bodies implement
emergency plans that relate to engineering features
such as dikes, levies, dams, etcetera?  The current,
real-time, discussions of events are at least as
relevant to me as the Western Civilization courses I
was forced to take in college.  Anticipating how the
authorities and media regard engineering features may
not impact the calculations much, but it might cause a
designer to submit a CYA letter or two for the record.

John Riley

http://mail.yahoo.com