Re: Engineering Topic

ECVAl3(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

I went to the Urban Legends web page and this story is true...
Subject: Dam Letter....
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:50:21 +0000
*This is an actual letter sent to a man named Ryan DeVries by the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, State of Michigan. This guy's response is hilarious.*

Just dammit!

Read the full "Scopes.com" description here: http://www.snopes.com/humor/letters/dammed.htm

Y'know, the funny thing is I can see this happening, if you have some "drive-by inspector" come along who doesn't know the first thing about beavers and beaver dams! To him it might look like a "debris dam."

Another funny thing: Doesn't this point out the basic irrationality of most environmental regulations?

After all, human beings are animals, too (or so "some people" are always trying to tell us). And I think it can be demonstrated that humans have a built-in urge to build, an urge that goes far beyond what any beaver has ever attempted.

So, doesn't it follow that an human animal that gives in to this natural urge to build is just bein' part of nature?