RE: Valley Rafters

The amazing thing is that with the snow load you receive, they only called
you out for a sagging (and not collapsed) roof.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Hodgson & Associates [mailto:ghodgson(--nospam--at)bellnet.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 7:29 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Valley Rafters

Thor,
When I first started on my own in 1988, I was asked by a home owner
to look at a sagging roof.  The house was approx 16 years old and he
suspected a heavy snow caused it.  I went there and crawled up in the
attic to find it was stick framed and the valley "beam" was a 2x4
spanning 23'. Enough said.  I now check valley beams regularly.
Gary