Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 4:28 AM
Subject: Re: Valley Rafters

Thor,
When I first started on my own in 1988, I was asked by a home owner
to look at a sagging roof.  The house was approx 16 years old and he
suspected a heavy snow caused it.  I went there and crawled up in the
attic to find it was stick framed and the valley "beam" was a 2x4
spanning 23'. Enough said.  I now check valley beams regularly.
Gary