RE: Throw out OT

I do not agree with the implied intent to go on a "witch hunt" - but I
do agree that such actions should apply regardless of political
leanings.  The reason to "silence" someone should not have anything to
do with their political beliefs - only with their ability to limit their
use of the SEAINT listserver according to its intent and to show respect
for others.

While some members are willing to let other members continue to ramble
about opinions that have little direct relevancy to engineering, I feel
that an abundance of such email will drive away more valuable
participants that likely are more interested in discussing more relevant
issues related to structural engineering.  I, for one, will quit the
listserver if the content becomes too filled with irrelevant posts.

Unless directly tied to an engineering issue, political discussions,
religious discussions, and general humor belong elsewhere.  While
political issues in general may effect most engineers on the list to
some extent, there are many other issues that also effect many engineers
- but that doesn't mean that all such topics are open for discussion
here.

Nevertheless, I don't think that we need to jump all over someone for an
occasional off-topic post.  But after 10, 20, 30 ... off topic posts, we
should take some action.

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO