Re: Bill Polhemus

Scott-

FWIW, know that some feel the same way about your posts as the way you feel about Bill's  :)

cheers
Bob

On 9/13/05, Scott Maxwell <smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu> wrote:
As I have said before, I have no problem with Bill's (and others) OT
posts.  If I don't like them, then I delete them.

I will, however, point out that there is sort of a policy that _IS_ posted
in the SEAINT website.  This is from the FAQ on the site:

23. Can I post a joke to the list?
This list server is intended to focus on the Structural engineering
issues.  Normally, the jokes are NOT welcome by members. However, an
occasional joke relating engineers are allowed, provided the content is
not regarding race, religion or ethnicity. If your email is found
inappropriate by the administrator, you will be warned and may be
suspended from the list.

While the FAQ does not directly address all OT (especially political
based) subjects, it does point out that there _IS_ an "appointed" "police
officer" of the list...the list administrator (aka Shafat).  Thus, it is
logical to assume from the FAQ item that if enough people complain about
someone and their posts, then Shafat is entitled to take action.  In
otherwords, if Shafat deems the posts of someone "inappropriate", then he
may choose to take some action.

But, I frankly could care less if Bill (and others) keep posting OT stuff
to the list.  While I will disagree with most of what Bill spews, I have
no problem with his right to spew it (even if I find some of his comments
offensive).  If his comments start to bother me, then I will either filter
his posts or delete them.  Until then, I will continue to read them as
they tend to amuse me (self-rightous "truth sayers" tend to amuse me with
their smug "know-it-all" attitude as they present their beliefs and
opinions as known fact).

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI