From: John L. Smart [mailto:smartj(--nospam--at)smartengineers.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 9:05 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Leveling Nuts

I have a plan reviewer telling me that if I allow leveling nuts, I must specify that the column be leveled, shimmed, then the leveling nuts backed off before grouting. The erectors I have asked have never heard of this. Has anyone else? I assume the point is to keep the column from sitting on the bolts, but so what?

John L. Smart

Lindsey & Ritter, Inc.

smartj(--nospam--at)smartengineers.com