From: Dave Adams <davea(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 07:15:09 -0700
Subject: RE: Residential references (shameless plug!)

Engineers, non-licensed designers, building officials, architects.  We'll  go over the structural requirements of the 2003 IRC, define the limits of conventional provisions and discuss how to mix engineered elements into an otherwise prescriptive building (and vice-versa).  We'll go over testing results and observed behavior of wood-framed residences, as well as properties and mechanics of wood members and systems.  We'll simplify the discussion of more technical things and I'm working on keeping the material unique ... I've been to too many seminars where it's just a "let's read though the Code together" session.

I'm looking forward to it!  ASCE should have a brochure on line in the near future that will give more detail.