Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 9:42 AM
Subject: RE: Bill Polhemus... brainwashed

Correct me if I am wrong, I was over there for the first Gulf War, I don't recall any peace treaties being signed... only a cease fire was signed, and that was contingent on the Hussein government's full cooperation with all the requirements dictated by the UN.  Since I left the gulf in June of 1991, Mr. Hussein's regime failed to provide full cooperation with the UN on several occasions, this was met with several very stern, yet impotent "resolutions" and/or "bi-partisan" missile launches by our government directed at the Hussein regime with the "Oil for Palace" program continuing and ultimately lasting for 12 years of bickering and bantering.  Inept intelligence provided to our leaders aside, and I still think this should have been handled long ago when I was there, I believe that the authority to oust Mr. Hussein and his gang of merry men was there without the less than accurate intelligence provided to our president, by virtue of the lack of compliance with the original cease fire agreement.

I have had enough extremist rhetoric (far left, far right, etc.), whether it is from the middle east or domestic in nature, but I guess I am just a damn moderate able to see both sides of the story.

Anywhoo, isn't this an engineering topic based list server? :-)