From: Robert E Shaw Jr [mailto:rshaw(--nospam--at)steelstructures.com]
Sent: Wed 9/14/2005 10:33 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: AISC 358

AISC 358 is not out yet. It has gone through most, but not all, of the formalities prior to publication.

There was a revised draft balloted in December 2004, replacing the Sept 2004 version, which was approved by the CPRP in January.

AISC 358 was originally numbered AISC 353, but it was renumbered (fortunately) to 358 to avoid confusion with FEMA 353. They are much different documents. AISC 358 more closely relates to FEMA 350, which provides design and detail information on moment connections. Much of the meat of FEMA 353 now appears in the new AISC Seismic Provisions 2005 (due out very, very soon) and the new AWS D1.8 (due out about the end of this year).

We'll go over all this stuff out our seminar Steel Connections: Seismic Applications 2005, starting next month in Buena Park and South San Francisco.

Bob Shaw

SSTC

www.steelstructures.com <http://www.steelstructures.com/>