Questions re: Doors & Windows

Everybody,

As structural engineers, what is your policy regarding doors and
windows.  I ask due to the following situations:

1.	In a large industrial building (not mine), a large truck door
panel buckled in a high wind.  When I reviewed it, the door did not
meed code loading requirements.  The door supplier and manufacturer
both maintain that the door does not have to meet the code as it is
not part of the building.  The code says building accessories and
components must meet code requirements.  Lots of argument ensued.

2.	On a condominium job, another engineer who visited the site after
the structural work was complete said that he didn't think the
fastening of the window was adequate.  The municipality said I had to
check this but the builder would not give me any information or open
it up for me to check.  I told the city I was only responsible for
the structure.

3.	On a house, I did not think that a double door and transom had
heavy enough framing members and asked for documentation.  I got no
compliance whatsoever.

I consider doors, windows and their fasteners the responsibility of
the supplier/manufacturer but I'm curious to hear the lists' opinions
on these situations and what they would have done.

Cheers,
Gary