Re: Questions re: Doors & Windows

Gary,

For me, it is job specific and depends upon my scope of work. For example, I
recently completed the design of a large aluminum framed window off Cape
May, New Jersey (hurricane issues) and another project involving a glass
storefront in Manhattan. On many other occasions, these items are excluded.
Another project involved panic hardware and fire ratings on Long Island. On
the other hand, I am also regularly am involved in opening enlargements on
behalf of builders but will typically exclude the window and door details
themselves.

James Cohen, PE
James Cohen Consulting, PC
http://expertpages.com/jccpc