From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 1:59 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Time For A Break

Although it's been great fun to joust with the "best" the Left has to
offer on SEAINT, I find it is time to take a very long break from posting.

First of all, my family responsibilities are rather intense now that our
three grandchildren are in permanent residence. Also, I'm starting a new
job, about which I'm very excited, on the 26th of this month, and I
don't need the temptation that SEAINT offers while I'm in this "settling
in" period.

Third, I think my presence has become a distraction to too many others
who spend many, many hours and and major kilobytes expounding on how I
ought to be ashamed of myself for taking all this time and bandwidth
with off-topic posts (which were originally responses to the
just-as-off-topic posts of others, if you'd care to check the archives).

Someone pointed out that I've gotten rather angry. They're right, but
the reasons are not germane here--though I appreciate the good thoughts
of those who thought enough of "the other fellow" to bring it up.

Therefore, so long, see ya, and thanks for all the fish.

I will certainly be sure to "lurk" by perusing the archives from time to
time.

OH, AND WHILE I'M THINKING ABOUT IT:

Don't bother showing me the way out. I'm PRETTY SURE that the
instructions for un-subbing are right down there at the bottom of every
single message somewhere...