From: "John L. Smart" <smartj(--nospam--at)smartengineers.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Leveling Nuts
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:04:42 -0400

I have a plan reviewer telling me that if I allow leveling nuts, I must
specify that the column be leveled, shimmed, then the leveling nuts backed
off before grouting. The erectors I have asked have never heard of this. Has
anyone else? I assume the point is to keep the column from sitting on the
bolts, but so what?

John L. Smart

Lindsey & Ritter, Inc.

smartj(--nospam--at)smartengineers.com