From: Chris Towne [mailto:ctowne(--nospam--at)chaptech.com]
Sent: September 16, 2005 12:02 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Sole plate anchor rod holes

For you bridge engineers...

We are reviewing shop dwgs and the fabricator wants to put a 2" dia. hole in
the bearing sole plate for a 1.5" dia. anchor rod.  This seems excessive.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

The bridge is a simple span, 48' long, one end fixed and the other end
expansion with no anchor rods.  The bearings are steel reinforced
elastomeric pads.

Chris Towne, P.E.
Chapman Technical Group
200 Sixth Avenue