From: Harold Sprague [mailto:spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2005 11:50 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Leveling Nuts

The wedges are generaly removed when you grout.  They are there more for
stability unti the frame is erected.  You can assume an increase in
secondary moments, but a properly designed plate washer should make that
issue moot.

If the applied shears are small, I take the grout space into account for
applied moment on the anchor bolts.  If the shears are larger, I will use
the anchor bolts for uplift only, and use shear lugs to take out the shear.

Regards,
Harold Sprague