Re: Leveling Nuts

I contend that there is no problem even if the bolts
were perfectly rigid.  You will still have the same
ultimate resistance regardless of the distribution of
the stress under the base plate.  What governs your
capacity is the capacity of your base plate when a
mechanism is formed.

Not only did the plan checker not have any
justification based on the building code to make the
comment, he did not have any technical justification.

The question that has not been asked is would the
process of backing off the leveleing nuts increase the
risk of problems during errection?

Mark Gilligan