Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Wind velocity[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Wind velocity
- From: "Bruce Holcomb" <bholcomb(--nospam--at)brpae.com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:02:00 -0500
I have a note from an ASCE 7 wind seminar by Kishor Mehta & Dale Perry that says the 3-sec gust speed is = 1.2 x fastest-mile speed. 110 mph “fastest-mile approximately” would equal 132 mph “3-sec gust”.
What is the correlation between the "fastest mile" wind velocity and the "3-sec gust" wind velocity. For example, what is the equivalent of a 110 MPH fastest mile velocity using the 3-sec gust approach? Regards,
Javier Encinas, MSCE, PE
- Prev by Subject: Wind velocity
- Next by Subject: Re: Wind velocity
- Previous by thread: Wind velocity
- Next by thread: Re: Wind velocity