From: "James Getaz" <jamesgetaz3(--nospam--at)msn.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Leveling Nuts
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:03:01 -0400

Harold, you say "a properly designed plate washer should make that issue moot." Please help me with a reference or procedure for properly designing a plate washer. Our design criterion has been to feel sure that the nut cannot pull through the washer. While this has worked, it is not easily defended if it failed.
  Thank you.
  Jim Getaz
  Winchester, Virginia