RE: Scotland

Paul:

From my obviously biased point of view, the number one attraction in Scotland is the North Biggert Farm House.  This centuries old building with three foot thick rock walls can be found in Caldwell, which is near Lugton, which is just south of Paisley, which is basically a suburb of Glasgow.  The best way to start the adventure is with a few pints at the Lugton Hotel Pub (the hotel has been closed for a century, but the pub is still thriving).  The pub closes at 11:00 PM, leaving plenty of time to visit the farm house nearby.

It was from this farm house that John Caldwell and his three sons emigrated to southern Wisconsin in 1850.

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Dallas, Texas

(looking forward to the Cowboys thumping the Redskins and the Badgers thrashing the Wolverines ...)

From: Paul Feather [mailto:pfeather(--nospam--at)SE-Solutions.net]
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 1:08 PM
To: SEAOC List
Subject: Scotland

Hello All,

Some friends, both Architects, are leaving for Scotland for a couple weeks.  Oban, Inverness, Aberdeen, Glasgow, and Edinburgh.

Any structures of special note to add to the "must see" list?

Also,

Thanks to everyone who responded regarding my Canada trip.  We had a great time; truly beautiful country.