Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Masonry Column, Ties Required?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Masonry Column, Ties Required?
- From: ASQENGG2(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:54:25 EDT
So they changed the definition, in that case you really have no recourse but to abide by the requirements. Maybe the code writers thought that since axial tension decreases the shear strength of the section then providing ties is prudent. I just wish the that they should have at least limited the use of ties to those stresses that are greater that one third of the shear capacity.
ASQuilala Jr., P.E.
In a message dated 09/19/05 6:28:46 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, gtg740p(--nospam--at)hotmail.com writes:
- Prev by Subject: Re: Masonry Column, Ties Required?
- Next by Subject: Masonry shear walls
- Previous by thread: Re: Masonry Column, Ties Required?
- Next by thread: RE: Time For A Break