Re: ground snow v. roof snow - which is it?

It seems as if the code writers have eliminated the
option of reducing snow load when using prescriptive
design.  Subsequently, it is up to the local enforcers
to decide if an engineered design is permitted to
include the reduction factors.  Does that sound
correct?

Jim