Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Open web steel joists[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Open web steel joists
- From: "Stuart, Matthew" <mstuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:33:25 -0400
Vulcraft may not be the manufacturer. Look for the fabrication member tag on each end of the existing member to find out who the manufacturer was. However, whoever made the joists is not going to still have calcs on file after 25 years and will only be able to help in general.
Structural Dept. - Manalapan
I would call the engineer at Vulcraft (www.vulcraft.com or 607-529-9000).
Does anyone know if (and if so, how) the load tables for open web steel joist size 20LH06 have changed since 1979? I have a project where they need to be cut in half, half removed, the other half temporarily supported and then a new piece spliced back on. Right now I am considering a "like for like" replacement, but first want to know if these have been downgraded in any way over the last 25 years. Thanks for any help.
James Cohen, PE
- Prev by Subject: RE: Open web steel joists
- Next by Subject: Re: Open web steel joists
- Previous by thread: Re: Open web steel joists
- Next by thread: RE: Open web steel joists