From: Martin Li [mailto:mli(--nospam--at)tb-engr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 3:25 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Open web steel joists

I would call the engineer at Vulcraft (www.vulcraft.com or 607-529-9000).

Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: James Cohen [mailto:jccpc(--nospam--at)msn.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 1:57 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Open web steel joists

Does anyone know if (and if so, how) the load tables for open web steel joist size 20LH06 have changed since 1979? I have a project where they need to be cut in half, half removed, the other half temporarily supported and then a new piece spliced back on. Right now I am considering a "like for like" replacement, but first want to know if these have been downgraded in any way over the last 25 years. Thanks for any help.

James Cohen, PE
James Cohen Consulting, PC
http://expertpages.com/jccpc