From: Nels Roselund [mailto:njineer(--nospam--at)att.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 10:04 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Converting ceiling joist to floor joist.

Table 18-1-C of the 1997 UBC prescribes the minimum requirements for number of floors [in addition to a roof] that may be supported on minimum size footings – unusual conditions excepted.  An existing foundation for a house built on a slab on grade supports only a roof – a floor may be added without modifying the foundation.

Nels Roselund, SE

South San Gabriel, CA

njineer(--nospam--at)att.net