Re: Converting ceiling joist to floor joist.

Because of the light stick framing, lateral did not happend to be a governing factor in my design.
Just to share what I finally suggest my client, i have him build up new floor joists ontop of the existing ceiling joists (with sill plate sandwiched in between, of course.) There are some ductworks and plumbings that need to be rerouted, but that was the practical way which the contractor like.

djohan.

Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:
Djohan:

Helical piles may do for vertical load what about lateral ?