Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Journalist query: New Orleans levee/floodwall breaches[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Journalist query: New Orleans levee/floodwall breaches
- From: "John McQuaid" <John.McQuaid(--nospam--at)newhouse.com>
- Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:35:03 -0400
I am a reporter for The Times-Picayune of New Orleans. I am researching the engineering issues raised by the structural failures in several canal floodwalls in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina (and the ongoing problems with Hurricane Rita) and am seeking expertise/input from structural engineers and other scientists with expertise in the area of materials science.
Trying to develop a deeper understanding of the forces that would have been acting on floodwalls with high water in the canals, various failure dynamics, etc.
Any help/references appreciated.
The Times-Picayune, New Orleans
1101 Connecticut Avenue NW s. 300
Washington, DC 20036
- Prev by Subject: RE: Joliet prison is a 'Break'-out star
- Next by Subject: RE: Journalist query: New Orleans levee/floodwall breaches
- Previous by thread: RE: Design Loads on Trellis
- Next by thread: RE: Journalist query: New Orleans levee/floodwall breaches