Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Truck wheel loads?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Truck wheel loads?
- From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 00:59:24 EDT
- Cc: rhkratzse(--nospam--at)mac.com
I'm designing a steel pile and timber or concrete lagging retaining wall for the downhill side of a driveway to a private residence yet to be built and want to consider vehicle surcharge. The soil engineer recommends adding 150 psf of active soil pressure to the top 5' of the retaining wall for passenger cars only. Traffic will obviously include concrete redi-mix trucks, garbage trucks, and possibly fire trucks, so I want to increase the surcharge by the ratio of the wheel loads. But I don't know the wheel loads of such trucks. Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance.
Ralph Hueston Kratz
724 McLaughlin Street
Richmond CA 94805-1402 USA
- Prev by Subject: Re: Tributary Area
- Next by Subject: RE: Truck wheel loads?
- Previous by thread: Bolt retightening
- Next by thread: Re: Truck wheel loads?