Question of Ethics

An engineer is resigning from their current employer and looks to either
enter the consulting field on their own, or go to work for another employer.

Where and when is there an issue of "stealing clients of the former
employer" and a violation of the Engineer's Code of Ethics?  I've read the
document and I can't seem to decipher the issue.  I just want to make sure
I'm clear about the situation for my integrity and protection as well as for
others who may be going through something similar.

Dave Maynard, PE

P.S. - I don't like legal documents like this that leave itself open for A
LOT of interpretation.