RE: Question of Ethics

Is all fair in love and war?

Did any of these companies provide exclusive engineering agreements with his previous employer? Did he sign a document that prohibits him from contacting clients that he made contact with at that firm?

If he feels that he can provide higher Quality, Service, and Price, it would be unethical for him NOT to solicit he previous contacts. That’s part of business.

If he was just starting out and he cannot provide higher Quality, Service, and Price then it would be unethical for him to contact them and offer something that he cannot deliver...

I know one engineer that left his company and he was fine with soliciting smaller firms that do smaller projects, but he does not solicit the firms that do larger projects because he feels that it is unfair to his clients and I think that he his correct.

If he gets a call for a larger project he actually refers these people to his previous company.

In my opinion it is ok, its part of business…