Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: SMRSF[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: SMRSF
- From: "Garner, Robert" <rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:07:18 -0700
I agree that the W6x9 is too small to "detail" (not enough room for bolts, etc.)
Bob Garner, S.E.
This is my time where I have had this situation. I have a 2 story frame with 3 bays. # bays are needed to keep p less than 1.25. These are the beams from analysis:
The roof beams are .76-.78 of allowable
The floor beams are .60-.82 of allowable
The floor beams are .74-.84 of allowable
20' 28' 6'
W12x40 W12x53 W12x16 Roof
W14x48 W14x61 W6x9 2nd Floor
All columns W18x60
I would usually think to use a W14x22 at the floor not a W6x9
I would like to here others thoughts.
- Prev by Subject: RE: SMRSF
- Next by Subject: Re: SMRSF
- Previous by thread: RE: SMRSF
- Next by thread: Re: SMRSF