From: Harold Sprague [mailto:spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:24 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: concrete on standing water

Concrete can be placed underwater as well.  But I doubt that a residential
mud slinger has the experience or the ability.

It is not a big deal to trench to a pit and pump it out.  I would want to
look at the soil to see if it being saturated would make a difference.  If
the saturation level of the soil is not a problem have him just get a cheap
sump pump and pump the water out.  It is not that big a deal.

Or you can have him get one of those mult-thousand dollar multi-thousand
horse power Wood 10,000 cfs pumps with a 12' diameter discharge that they
have in New Orleans.  No THAT is a pump.  I feel like Tim Allen!

Regards,
Harold Sprague