Re: Bar Stools on the move

Joe,

Tell the owner to stop playing engineer!

Check the drawings to see if the tendons are supposed to be high or low in the area. There is a 50/50 chance they will be in the bottom few inches of the slab if it is a standard US flat slab tendon arrangement.

If the drawings say they are low, get a cover meter and check where they really are. If they are still low, you know how far the bolts can penetrate the slab.

If they are high, use moveable bar stools with a notice on them that
1  they are dangerous if used as a weapon and
2  people can injure themselves if they become intoxicated and fall off

(I hate fixed bar stools).