Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
House support on screw anchors[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: House support on screw anchors
- From: "David Smith" <smith1129(--nospam--at)charter.net>
- Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:16:45 -0400
Just had a call from a guy whose house settled due to excavation to within 18 inches of his foundation. The contractor for the new house next door hired a company to support his slab on grade house with screw anchors at seven foot spaces.
It seems to me that the small slab turndown at the edge (probably 12 to 16 inches here in Georgia will not span the 7 ft. I would guess that there are a couple of #4 bars laying at the bottom. A continuous beam will be created that will have essentially no reinforcing at the top over the screw anchor supports.
I think they either need to use a lot more supports or build him a suitable underpinning wall foundation.
Anyone ever run into this problem?
- Prev by Subject: Re: Holdown Bolt Through the Supported Beam
- Next by Subject: Re: House support on screw anchors
- Previous by thread: Re: Bar Stools on the move
- Next by thread: Re: House support on screw anchors