RE: Design of Glass as a Walking Surface

Did they tell the baby how thick the glass was?

-----Original Message-----
From: Garner, Robert [mailto:rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:57 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Design of Glass as a Walking Surface

I saw an experiment where babies were enticed to crawl on a solid
surface then on to a glass surface with about 6 feet of space below it.
The babies wouldn't crawl onto the glass surface no matter what the
enticement.  The babies were young enough that they could barely crawl
but they already had "the reflex".  Dogs, on the other hand, had no
problem with it.

Bob