Diagonal Studs

List,

Check out this web page, notice the photo on the lower right, will that ever fly in California for conventional construction?   I have a client who bought one of these and want to building it in California,  I told him it's not as easy as he thinks.  This would be like a custom wood braced frame sort of thing.  The plywood edge nailing would be difficult to achieve.  Maybe cut the plywood on 45 degree and align them with the studs?

Appreciate any comments.

Y i   Y a n g,   S. E.
STRUCTURAL DIVISION
SUMMIT ENGINEERING INC.