Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Diagonal Studs[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Diagonal Studs
- From: "Scott, William N." <William.Scott(--nospam--at)veco.com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 08:43:28 -0800
This building seems to be a traditional structure that was developed to take advantage of local materials and connection methods, such as wooden pegs. It seems that the lateral force is resisted by the diagonal wall studs (read bracing). The diagonal bracing is stiffened by the vertical or horizontal siding boards. A rational analysis should be able to justify the structure.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Diagonal Studs
- Next by Subject: RE: Diagonal Studs
- Previous by thread: Re: Diagonal Studs
- Next by thread: RE: Diagonal Studs