RE: ENERCALC

It wouldn’t surprise me if these guys were folding up shop and fleeing the country or something.  Several of Enercalc’s design modules are questionable at best, despite being on v5.8.  And their service is non-existent.  Yet is seems like they are the only software product in their niche that is widely used.  Unfortunately it is damn useful.  But why can’t they put out a reliable product, or why hasn’t someone else jumped at the opportunity to steal their market share.  It seems like all the respectable engineering software companies only focus on complex FEA products.  That’s a mistake on their part I think.

~~ Eli Grassley

-----Original Message-----
From: ECVAl3(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:ECVAl3(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 11:13 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: ENERCALC

Does anyone know what happened to ENERCALC? I've gone to the web site and I can't get any information about updates or revisions past the 5.6.1 patch (Oct. 26, 2002). I thought they were going to put out a 5.8 version in Fall of 2003 and  a SEL Version 6 later on but I can't find any info on this. I've sent email to support(--nospam--at)enercalc.com but I get no response. What gives?

Macie