Re: FW: Ceiling joists/rafter ties IRC R802.3.1

Buddy,

That helps a lot considering it comes from the
"source."  As Jordan alluded to, are there any
acceptable means of tieing roofs by means other than a
double layer of rafter tie?  I.e., gypsum drywall,
diagonal struts, wall top plates in strong axis
bending, etc.  And by acceptable, I mean by the code
or by testing and development of prescriptive-type
guidelines.

Thanks for the info!
Jim Wilson