Re: ENERCALC

On Sep 30, 2005, at 1:22 AM, S. Gordin wrote:

Mr. Grassley's post does not contain any facts, just negative and unsubstantiated opinions.
Easy to refute opinionions like that, then, and this is the perfect place to do it.

I was also uncomfortable sticking my nose into talk about a program I don't use, but my experience with FEA software is that it's becoming increasingly harder to get straight talk from developers as they get farther from the user community and more marketing oriented. I depend on mailing lists to hear about about engineering issues that are going to affect me professionally. I can usually sort the wheat from the chaff, as can most people with an interest in the software. Like yourself... I see Mike Brooks is registered which is a good sign, but I also have direct experience with another developer who proudly displays the P.E. after his name and never practiced a day in his life.

John Swanson and a few of the ANSYS old timers used to show up on XANSYS from time to time and they were always welcome. With what seems to be a fair number of ENERCALC users on this list, I hope Mike Brooks will take advantage of the opportunity.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/