From: S. Gordin
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 11:49 AM
Subject: Re: ENERCALC

Refugio,

Why are you so "happy" with Mr. Grasley's post?

The fact that an engineer shares with peers concerns about some professional tools is definitely a good thing.  The fact that he actually does not share any concerns, but just generically and, really, quite offensively, badmouths a good product is definitely a bad thing.

There is a difference between two cases: when an automotive engineer writes that he just doesn't like a certain car, and when he states in writing that the car is unsafe, and its manufacturer may have fled the country to avoid responsibility.  The former is just an opinion and nobody would really care; the latter - unless substantiated - is an irresponsible statement bordering on slander.

If Mr. Grassley knows something about Enercalc that most of us don't, posting this unknown information on this list will be highly appreciated.  Then, may be, everybody will start thinking about switching to some "other option" (AFAIK, whatever is available, does not come close to the effectiveness and breadth of Enercalc).

I challenge Mr. Grassley to take responsibility, lay out the facts - or to retract his statement.  I think that would really make every professional "happy."

Steve Gordin SE
Irvine CA