RE: ENERCALC

Title: ENERCALC
Excellent.
-----Original Message-----
From: Eli Grassley [mailto:elig(--nospam--at)psm-engineers.com]
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 9:01 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: ENERCALC

Mr Brooks -

After seeing the number of posts that this issue has generated, and hearing a response from you personally, I wish to offer my apologies for my previous comments.  They were not intended to be taken as literally as some on this list seem to infer.  The sincerity of your reply is appreciated.

My intentions with my post were to see if there were other practicing engineers that shared my occasional frustration with your software.  I believe I am entitled to say whatever I please about a product after it has been purchased.  As for Mr Utzman who mentioned libel - that is a reckless comment that serves only to elevate this discussion to a level that it has no business entering.

My honest opinions of Enercalc are that it is an *extremely* useful and time saving tool that I use on practically an everyday basis.  Being such, I wish that it were completely error free and that I could have 100% confidence in all of the results.  Software being what it is means that expectation is probably unobtainable.  I and my firm have discovered a "hand full" of what we believe to be errors in some of the design modules.  Instead of pinpointing the cause of the errors, which would take a considerable amount of time due to the amount of hidden calculations going on in the software, we have simply stopped using those modules.  In the future I will make an effort to bring those issues to your company's attention Mr Brooks.  As I said in my previous post, I am eagerly awaiting the release of your new v6.0.

I sincerely hope that this post puts this topic to rest - but because this is America, free speech is welcomed.

~~ Eli Grassley, PE