Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 9:05 AM
Subject: Re: ENERCALC

On Sep 30, 2005, at 1:22 AM, S. Gordin wrote:

> Mr. Grassley's post does not contain any facts, just negative and
> unsubstantiated opinions.
Easy to refute opinionions like that, then, and this is the perfect
place to do it.

I was also uncomfortable sticking my nose into talk about a program I
don't use, but my experience with FEA software is that it's becoming
increasingly harder to get straight talk from developers as they get farther from the user community and more marketing oriented. I depend
on mailing lists to hear about about engineering issues that are going
to affect me professionally. I can usually sort the wheat from the
chaff, as can most people with an interest in the software. Like
yourself... I see Mike Brooks is registered which is a good sign, but I
also have direct experience with another developer who proudly displays
the P.E. after his name and never practiced a day in his life.

John Swanson and a few of the ANSYS old timers used to show up on
XANSYS from time to time and they were always welcome. With what seems
to be a fair number of ENERCALC users on this list, I hope Mike Brooks
will take advantage of the opportunity.

chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com   | this distance" (last words of Gen.
1864)
http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org