Re: ENERCALC

On Oct 1, 2005, at 1:38 PM, Paul Ransom wrote:

I'm preparing to update the Macs on my network. The next time,
apparently, the Apple will come with an Intel processor. I don't know if it will still be called a Mac. I don't know if there will be engineering
software available to run on it.
Intel chips are a long way down the line. Most of the stuff I've read says that the differences won't be apparent to the user. The operating system will be recompiled for Intel chips, but it'll run mostly the same way. The chances are pretty good that there will be some sort of mechanism or pseudo emulator than may let Windoze apps run with the Mac OS, like Carbon apps currently. Even an emulator like Virtual PC might work unless you're doing something really fancy like FEA. Word has it that Noran Engineering is also working on a NASTRAN version for the Mac, if that fits into your office.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/