Re: ENERCALC

Yeah, but there are other ways that can also stop "crimes of
opportunity" that don't require me to keep track of frackin' little
piece of hardware that can easily get lost, in which case I will have to
shell out ANOTHER large sum of money to regain my ability to use the
program.

As to "We, as an ethical profession, must do the ethical thing and refuse
to work with unlicensed software.", I could not agree with you more.  That
is precisely why I buy all my software and play by the rules and why it
annoys me to be treated like a criminal.  I play nice and do what I am
supposed to, yet I am still treated like it is assumed that I will want to
pirate software.  I just don't like dongles.

As to Macs, yet in the relatively near future Macs will run on Intel
processors (and yes, they will still be Macs...unless Apple decides to
change their brand name...which is not likely...regardless a Mac is a
computer made by Apple that runs the Mac OS, so it matters not what
processor is under the hood).  Supposedly, it will be the high end laptops
that make the first switch as it was largely IBM's inability to create a
low power G5 processor for use in a laptop that tipped the balance from
what I understand.  It was also the fact that IBM could not pump out
sufficient quantities in short enough time frames and the fact that
the PowerPC market just was not big enough for IBM to dedicate enough
effort/resources to those processors to make Apple happy.  Next will
follow the high end desktops.  I believe that will we see high end laptops
and maybe desktops some time next year (maybe spring time), with the full
"conversion" not happening until 2007.

It will be interesting to see if Macs with Intel processors will be better
able to handle non-Mac OS programs.  There certainly is Virtual PC, but
it is generally better to just buy a cheap Windoze box than use Virtual PC
(can you say sloooooooooooooow).  I have a version of Virtual PC, but
never really used it as it was slower than dirt.  I have long just
accepted that I would have to use a Windoze box for my engineering related
stuff (and for games! <grin>  All work and no play makes Scotty a dull
boy...OK, so I am a dull boy anyway, but nothing says that I can't have
some fun too <grin>).  I have to admit that I use my Windoze boxes more
than my Macs (and if you noticed the dual instances of plural words, then
I will note that "yes", I am a computer geek with WAY too many "toys for
big boys").  In the end, while I like Macs much better than Windoze
machines, they are just a tool.  I can use either and don't really mind
using either.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI